Professional arborists in Auckland since 2002. Oakwood Treecare and Consultancy provides Auckland homeowners and corporate clients with complete professional Arborist services and tree care including:
- tree felling and removal
- large tree pruning
- facilities maintenance projects – Including scheduled remedial tree work and scheduled tree care for parks, golf courses, business premises, schools and retirement villages
- urban tree maintenance – Including Auckland streets and residential tree care
- stump grinding and the sale of garden mulch
- professional arborist tree work consultancy and arborist advice
If you need tree work done by professional arborists in Auckland Central, East Auckland or on the North Shore, contact Oakwood Treecare and Consultancy to request a free tree services quote. Our qualified arborist team work with both residential and commercial clients on tree care projects of all sizes.
Internationally qualified tree surgeon David Thomas leads an impressive team of arborists
Internationally experienced arborist David Thomas established Oakwood Treecare and Consultancy in 2002. Although David grew up in New Zealand, it was during his time living in the UK that he really became interested in tree care, gaining his Professional Diploma in Arboriculture by The Royal Forestry Society of England, Wales and Northern Ireland. David’s expert arborist skills have been used on some of the most prominent trees in London including trees at Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London, Whitehall and in Hyde Park.
David leads a highly skilled team of arborists and is proud to have grown a solid reputation across Auckland. David says, “Our arborist team is familiar with every kind of tree work from facilities maintenance projects in parks, business premises and retirement villages to the maintenance of trees in urban environments and residential tree care. Their experience in tree care and maintenance and familiarity with modern arborist equipment means they work safely and quickly and create minimal disturbance. A big part of tree work is hands-on experience, which you can only obtain over time.”
Receive professional arborist advice on tree trimming, pruning & tree felling in Auckland
Dedicated owner and Professional Arborist, David Thomas, says a crucial part of Oakwood Treecare and Consultancy’s service is providing the right advice, and sometimes investigating whether the tree service requested is the best option.
David explains, “If a customer has a large tree near power lines, close to their house or business that is causing damage to drains or fences – sometimes tree pruning isn’t enough. In some cases, tree felling is the only answer. There are many things to consider before making the final decision to remove a tree – and let’s face it – that is the last resort because we value trees for many reasons. We talk through every option before deciding if felling a tree is the best solution.”
Talk to our Auckland arborists today.
Twelve reasons to choose Oakwood Treecare over other Auckland arborists
Since 2002 Oakwood Treecare and Consultancy has enjoyed an enviable reputation for professional tree services. This is why we believe we are the best arborists in Auckland:
- Fully qualified arborist team – As council regulations on tree trimming and removal relaxed, many unqualified ‘cowboys’ have entered the tree services market. Oakwood Treecare and Consultancy only employ highly skilled and fully qualified professional arborists – no casual labourers, just a team of Auckland’s best arborists.
- Specialist arborist equipment – Oakwood invests in state of the art arborist equipment including chainsaws, safety gear, heavy-duty chippers and stump grinders.
- Fully insured tree work – To ensure all customers are provided with a stress-free experience, Oakwood carries professional indemnity and public liability insurance up to 5 Million.
- Safety first – Arborist safety, public safety and tree safety is at the forefront of all tree care operations undertaken. Oakwood Treecare and Consultancy is a member of Hazardco and all arborists are Site Safe certified.
- Comprehensive tree services – Whether you require expert tree pruning, tree removal or stump grinding services – Oakwood has you covered.
- Approved tree services contractor for Auckland Council – Oakwood is an approved contractor for Auckland Council and holds a proven track record and great reputation.
- Member of the NZ Arboricultural Association – As a Corporate Member of the New Zealand Arboricultural Association, you can be assured Oakwood arborists meet quality assurance standards and practices high levels of professionalism.
- Community minded – Oakwood is a proud corporate supporter of the Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust.
- Arborist tree work Auckland wide – Oakwood arborists provide tree care services in central Auckland, East Auckland and the North Shore. From Mission Bay and St Heliers to Ponsonby and Grey Lynn; from Devonport to Epsom and Mt Eden to Howick – our arborists are ready to help get your trees looking amazing.
- Thorough clean-up – Our arborists work safely and quickly to create minimal disturbance. After all the tree work is complete, your site will be thoroughly tidied.
- Free quotes – Receive a free quote for tree felling in Auckland and all other tree care services.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee – Oakwood is one of the few arborist companies in Auckland that stand behind their work by offering customers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. You can read honest testimonials about Oakwood Treecare and Consultancy here.
For all arborist tree services, please talk to the team at Oakwood today. Fill out the online form now to request your free quote and we’ll be in touch within a day.